Sunday, December 7, 2008

Twitter this and Twitter that.

Ask yourself this question, why do you like Twitter? The answer for why you wouldn't like Twitter may be easier to answer. But for all of those who seem to be addicted to the site explaning it may be a bit harder to do. It seems simple enough. You share a one liner about what you're doing or maybe how you're feeling. There doesn't seem to be much to it but a certain blogger who goes by Scribkin says that it "has almost a drug-like addictiveness".
Twitter seems to answer the question "How are you?". All too often people ask this question but don't seem very interested in the answer. Those who actually do want to know how someone is doing are probably a fan of Twitter. So if you want others to know what you're doing and how you're feeling at any given moment then join Twitter and share yourself. It can be fun and something to do inbetween your real idea of a good time.

4 comments:

Jameser said...

I know that I'm really enjoying messing around with Twitter since we learned about it in class the other night. My problem is that none of my other friends really use it yet! I'm trying to sell them on it, but it's hard to get people interested in something that is such a foreign concept. I think that is Twitter's biggest obstacle - proving its worth and uniqueness.

keshia said...

I agree with both you and James that it could be fun if more of one's friends were on it. But how do we use it from a PR standpoint for an organization we are working for? How do we make the one-liner intriguing enough that people will want to continuously follow us and become engaged in our organizations? I guess I just haven't jumped on the Twitter bus yet! :)

AbLoG4U said...

Yeah, I agree that twitter has to really take flight before it can be a useful tool. Another problem is that once it catches on, people have to figure out how to use it without being annoying. A tool like this can be seriously misused.

Akwesi Antwi said...

I got to tell you, I agree with scrbkin. It is getting addictive. I have been on it for sometime now after the lecture and I can't get off it.