Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thank you Brad Mitchell!

Brad introduced me to all the social media outlets that MSU is utilizing. I found it amazing at how many sources are necessary to stay on top of things. It seems that this point MSU is just trying to keep up with the Joneses. Thanks to Brad we may have a chance of getting ahead of the curve. I love the fact that Brad's background really isn't in PR but media. As a media undergrad myself I love to see that it is so versatile and that your experience can transend into other markets that are more than welcome to take you in. I am new to social media. I recently got a Facebook account a couple of weeks ago so when MSU added social media links on their main page I wasn't the first to notice but now that I do, I think it is fabulous!
In terms of the university using social media I think they have a good start. It is clearly important to use all of your resources and social media gives you plently of ways to reach current students, alumni, and future students. I give MSU a thumbs up for jumping on the bandwagon. It will be interesting to see where they take it from here and hopefully Brad will be recruiting help in the near future. Even the best PR professional can't handle this on their own.
Have questions or comments for Brad? Just click on his name and ask away.

1 comment:

krseRN said...

I love the link to directly email Brad. Nice touch!